[To see the unedited version, with my sucky bathroom lighting but slightly more clear details/color variation, it’s up on Flickr here]
I’ll be honest, I’ve been a little bit fixated on the Venice T from StyleMint for a while now and I finally got the chance to use a $10 off coupon, which makes it close to a reasonable price ($20 instead of $30). For me, that is still on the pricey side for just a t-shirt, but I love that the color scheme is so similar to the Prada dress both Amanda Seyfried and Hailee Steinfeld rocked last year. Plus, it includes both of the allegedly “hot” colors for spring, bright pink and ‘tangerine’.
As for StyleMint, I’m pretty disappointed. I should know by now never to trust any of the “bonus” gift things any of the Mint brands e-mail out. I made my purchase with this Get Lucky promotion, but I got totally screwed. No bonus StyleMint items, or JewelMint or anything else. I only got a StyleMint “golden ticket” with a code for 10% off 1 item, which is basically nothing. So disappointed. Maybe I contact customer care to see what the deal is.
Anyway, on to the fun part: the styling!
Since it was a class day, I decided to stick to a pretty casual look, with mostly black accessories with a few gold accents.
- Shorter black necklace: Victorian jet necklace. Gift from eccentric rich aunt (previously: perfume. the the future: many other things)
- The two longer strands are part of the same necklace. It’s difficult to tell, but it’s got black beads and black shells. They have the same sheen as mother of pearl? This was a necklace I inherited from my Mum during her Spring Break Jewelry Purge and Reorganization, so I don’t know exactly where it came from, but it was probably from one of those companies that have in-home jewelry selling “parties”.
- I’m wearing a ring and simple gold and black braclet, also from my mom, on my left hand. On the right (I didn’t get it in the picture) is an amber/gold/glass large beaded bracelet.
- I’ve just switched to Bare Escentals mineral make-up along with a First Aid Beauty moisturizer and it seems to be keeping my problem skin fairly clear. I just did a minimal eye with mascara, and a little bit of graphic on my lower lash line with some black dots on the outer edge.
- I decided to do a bold lip to match my shirt. I’m not a big lip color wearer, but I got a full-size of a tarte LipSurgence™ lip tint (alternate link: for sale at sephora) in the color Amused (aka bright pink) in my March Birchbox. I actually like this stuff because it’s layerable (so you can go more sheer or heavy pink), it’s moisturizer, not stick, and it smells the mint! I hope it lasts me awhile because $23 is kinda steep for lip tint.
- I was just messing around with my hair and ended up stumbling into figuring out how to do this half-french braid thing on the side. You basically just french braid like normal starting from the temple, but you only keep holding onto one of the strands.
- I decided such a bold and bright look I should go for a bold and spicy scent, so I went for a spritz of Viva La Juicy by Juicy.
Oh, and for the bottom half, since the top is flowy and has volume, I went with my black cigarette pants. If it wasn’t raining, the shoes would be my black Ecco heeled oxfords (as it was, I had to go for the gray plaid Wellies).
I also previously reblogged a couple others styled outfits including Venice T, but the other color, in blue and green. See: Via Sterling Style, and Eat.Sleep.Wear).
Finally, do you like my new haircut? I got a lot chopped off, including the auburn tips from my old red hair. I also got blonde highlights, which are a little too obvious for me, so I’m planning to continue Sun-in-ing it to even things out more. But I definitely like the lighter look for spring, both color-wise, and because my hair is so thick, weight-wise. Though I am a little sad that now I can’t do The Katniss braid for awhile. :(